booking hotline: +43 5226 2219
The more than 60-year history of the family-run Milderer Hof, now in the third generation, goes back to 1956. What started back then as a small but upcoming country hotel in the Stubaital, led finally, through pioneering spirit, hard work and the will to achieve big aims, to a stately 4-star superior hotel. Just six years after buying the hotel, the grandparents of Gudrun Hofer, the current boss of the hotel, initiated the first extension, which was to be followed over the course of the decades by several further alterations and extensions. In 1972, the second generation took the helm and – with forward-looking building alterations in 1980 – turned Gasthof Milders into a 3-star hotel with 30 beds. Six years later, spurred on by the good response to the hotel, Milderer Hof in 1986 was resplendent as an imposing 4-star hotel with 80 beds. Another milestone in the hotel’s history was achieved in 2001, with the creation of the 1,300 m² wellness area “Marienbad”, which made Milderer Hof a high-class wellness hotel. In 2006, the management and running of the hotel finally passed on to the third generation, into the hands of Gudrun and Herbert Hofer. Expanded and matured, through dedication and the excellent services, as well as the growing enthusiasm of the guests, Milderer Hof received the deserved distinction “Superior” in January 2012. And like the generations before, the Family Hofer will continue to strive to develop and improve the quality of the hotel in every respect: for contemporary and carefree holiday pleasure at a high level
Milderer Hof from 1956 to today
Gottfried and Anna Schwab sell the hotel Schaller and acquire the hotel Milders.
Gradual expansion and renovation of the hotel: a new dining hall and a new kitchen are created and the rooms are refurbished.
Construction of a new guest house with 30 beds: initially with shared shower and WC.
In March, Gottfried Schwab sadly dies much too soon.
On December 25, a circulating drag lift (Neuland lift – now Sonnenberg lift) is put into operation by Helmut and Anna Schwab.
In the guest house, all rooms receive a shower and WC, and a breakfast room is set up.
Construction of the Alm-Bar with seating for 180.
Anna Schwab passes the business on to Helmut and Gertrud Schwab.
The old hotel is completely demolished and a new three-star hotel with 30 beds is combined with the guest house. In addition, a new restaurant seating 130 and a new kitchen are created.
New construction and renovation of the 4-star hotel Milderer Hof: 80 beds, sauna, whirlpool, herbal bath.
Major extension and alteration of the sleeping wing to 123 guest beds. Complete new construction of swimming pool, sun terrace, hotel foyer, reception, dining hall and farmhouse parlor.
New construction of an additional dining hall.
Addition of a new SPA and wellness area (1,300 m²) with different saunas, laconium, brine bath, aromatic steam bath, hay bath, cold grotto, beauty and massage rooms.
The hotel business of Helmut and Gertrud Schwab is passed on to Gudrun and Herbert Hofer.
New construction of 19 rooms and suites. Redevelopment of the exterior facade and alteration and extension of the hotel kitchen.
Milderer Hof receives the distinction “Superior” and becomes the 4-star superior wellness & relaxation hotel.
Completion of the renovation of all comfort rooms.
Renovation of the dining hall “Elferblick” and redevelopment of the terrace.