Menu open button

Menu

booking hotline: +43 5226 2219


THE STORY

Family Hofer

The more than 60-year history of the family-run Milderer Hof, now in the third generation, goes back to 1956. What started back then as a small but upcoming country hotel in the Stubaital, led finally, through pioneering spirit, hard work and the will to achieve big aims, to a stately 4-star superior hotel. Just six years after buying the hotel, the grandparents of Gudrun Hofer, the current boss of the hotel, initiated the first extension, which was to be followed over the course of the decades by several further alterations and extensions. In 1972, the second generation took the helm and – with forward-looking building alterations in 1980 – turned Gasthof Milders into a 3-star hotel with 30 beds. Six years later, spurred on by the good response to the hotel, Milderer Hof in 1986 was resplendent as an imposing 4-star hotel with 80 beds. Another milestone in the hotel’s history was achieved in 2001, with the creation of the 1,300 m² wellness area “Marienbad”, which made Milderer Hof a high-class wellness hotel. In 2006, the management and running of the hotel finally passed on to the third generation, into the hands of Gudrun and Herbert Hofer. Expanded and matured, through dedication and the excellent services, as well as the growing enthusiasm of the guests, Milderer Hof received the deserved distinction “Superior” in January 2012. And like the generations before, the Family Hofer will continue to strive to develop and improve the quality of the hotel in every respect: for contemporary and carefree holiday pleasure at a high level

Milderer Hof from 1956 to today

1956

Gottfried and Anna Schwab sell the hotel Schaller and acquire the hotel Milders.

1962

Gradual expansion and renovation of the hotel: a new dining hall and a new kitchen are created and the rooms are refurbished.

1967

Construction of a new guest house with 30 beds: initially with shared shower and WC.

1969

In March, Gottfried Schwab sadly dies much too soon.

1969 

On December 25, a circulating drag lift (Neuland lift – now Sonnenberg lift) is put into operation by Helmut and Anna Schwab.

1972

In the guest house, all rooms receive a shower and WC, and a breakfast room is set up.

1972

Construction of the Alm-Bar with seating for 180.

1972

Anna Schwab passes the business on to Helmut and Gertrud Schwab.

1980

The old hotel is completely demolished and a new three-star hotel with 30 beds is combined with the guest house. In addition, a new restaurant seating 130 and a new kitchen are created.

1986

New construction and renovation of the 4-star hotel Milderer Hof: 80 beds, sauna, whirlpool, herbal bath.

1992

Major extension and alteration of the sleeping wing to 123 guest beds. Complete new construction of swimming pool, sun terrace, hotel foyer, reception, dining hall and farmhouse parlor.

1997 

New construction of an additional dining hall.

2001

Addition of a new SPA and wellness area (1,300 m²) with different saunas, laconium, brine bath, aromatic steam bath, hay bath, cold grotto, beauty and massage rooms.

2006

The hotel business of Helmut and Gertrud Schwab is passed on to Gudrun and Herbert Hofer.

2010

New construction of 19 rooms and suites. Redevelopment of the exterior facade and alteration and extension of the hotel kitchen.

2012

Milderer Hof receives the distinction “Superior” and becomes the 4-star superior wellness & relaxation hotel.

2015

Completion of the renovation of all comfort rooms.

2017

Renovation of the dining hall “Elferblick” and redevelopment of the terrace.